[cgfc] Board minutes, 7/23

Tanya Lee tanyalee at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 24 22:00:10 CDT 2003

CGFC Board Meeting
Wednesday, July 23, 2003, 6:15-7:45pm , Conference Room

Present: Eric Menzel (facilitating), Karina Lepeley, Tim Gibbs, Tanya
Lee (taking minutes for the last time), Mike Ullman

Announcements
1. Outreach Coordinator and Asst. Store Operations Coordinator hiring
process well underway; 7 people will have been interviewed by this
Friday.  Decision will be announced Mon., July 28.

2. Board Elections-no applications in yet, but board members have
spoken to several people about running and received generally
positive responses.

3. IDF Open House will be Sept. 13 at 2:00 pm.  CGFC will provide a
cake and some music to celebrate our anniversary.  IDF is willing to
help out with our birthday bash.
	There is some interest in connecting the Latino community
with CGFC; a Latino family group meets at IDF; possibility of
organizing an after-hours tour of the store, with Karina translating.

4. Board Officers-Karina is now president; Eric is now secretary.
(Bob has left town; this is Tanya's last meeting.)

Vision Survey
Question #1, per Jill's recommendation, should be answered by ranking
choices in order of importance.  May not be possible for online
version; if it isn't then on both versions, pick the one most
important response.

Responsibilities were delegated for disseminating online and paper
versions by next Wed.

Bylaws
Board may hold special meeting to discuss bylaws (a board-type
meeting, rather than a special GMM).  Tanya agrees to attend this
meeting.

Tanya recommends heavily disseminating proposed bylaws when complete
amongst the membership well in advance of October GMM to give people
time to consider them.

Mike is concerned that coordinators will prefer to modify existing
bylaws rather than start with all-new format.  It is pointed out that
we started out with that preference, too.  Tanya feels that existing
bylaws are not legally consistent and even incoherent as a document.
Karina will give membership a substantive (though brief) update on
our bylaws work at next Wednesday's meeting.

GMM Planning
Agenda:
	1. Hiring announcement (Jill?)
	2. Budget update, though budget will not be ready (Lisa)
	3. Board update:
		a. New officers, bylaws (Karina)
		b. Elections (facilitator) -by ballot, with time
allotted for discussion, counted according to item II.5 of bylaws.
	4. IDF
		a. Janna introduces self
		b. IDF Open House (Karina)
	5. CGFC Bash (Jill or other coordinator)
	6. Vision survey (Eric)

Reponsibilities for GMM organization were delegated.

Meat proposal
Eric presented a proposal that the board explore the possibility of
CGFC selling local, organically grown meat.  Full text of proposal
and rationale available in Board binder in store.

Board agreed that Eric should begin investigations.  He will send a
similar proposal to coordinators and draft a survey for membership.

Next Meeting
Tentatively scheduled for Wed., Aug. 6 at 6:15 pm.  Tim may have a
recurring conflict, however, and we hope to have new board members by
then as well, so time is likely to change.