[cgfc] Fwd: Volunteer at the IDF Fall Celebration!

Aaron Patrick Smith redherng at shout.net
Sat Nov 8 12:08:21 CST 2003

dear co-opers:

hi, my name is aaron smith.  i'm on staff at the IDF and a co-op member.
i'll be coordinating the snacks and beverages for the IDF fall celebration
next saturday, nov. 15th.  the details are in the forwarded e-mail below.

i was just wondering if anyone out there would be interested in
volunteering to help out with the event.  we could use help on friday
evening with prepping some of the food. Also, we could use volunteers on
saturday, anytime from 12pm to 4pm for set-up, from 5:30pm to 7:00pm for
help with serving, or anytime from 8pm to 10pm saturday night for help
with clean-up.  we are also accepting donations of desserts, snacks,
cookies or beverages (preferrably all vegan, or at least with an
ingredients list) if anyone is interested in donating something of the
like.

if you'd be able to help out, please let me know by wednesday evening.
i'd appreciate any help can get, and of course you're admission would be
free.  you can read below for more details.  if you're interested
specifically in helping out with the food, please contact me directly.  my
e-mail is redherng at shout.net or call me at 369-2039.  there are other
volunteer opportunities available, for which you can contact jen, listed
below.  i'd appreciate any help i can get.  thanks.

aaron
 *******
Planning on coming to the IDF Fall Celebration?
Want to get in for free and get free yummy food?

**Volunteer at the IDF Fall Celebration!**

We NEED your help to make this year’s Fall Celebration a success! We are
 looking for volunteers to help with cooking and food preparation,
setup,  cleanup, ticket sales, serving food, and more. If you are
available anytime  on the evening of Friday, November 14 or from
10am-10pm on Saturday,  November 15, you can be a part of the
Celebration.

If you want to volunteer, call Jen Tayabji at 352-8721 or email her at
jentayabji at hotmail.com. Please leave your name, phone number, and when
you  are available.

**Bring your friends!**

Below is more information about the IDF Fall Celebration.

IDF Fall Celebration

Where:   The Illinois Disciples Foundation located at 610 E. Springfield
Ave, Champaign

When:    November 15

Time:    Doors open at 5:30 PM
         Refreshments served at 6:00 PM
         Speaker-- Claudia Lennhoff (see below) 6:30 PM
         Raffle 7:00 PM

Tickets: $8-15 sliding scale
	 $1 raffle tickets (6 for $5)
	 Buy in advance--call 217-352-8721
	 Or buy at the door!

For questions or more information call 217-352-8721 (M-F 12:00 to 5:00),
email idf at prairienet.org or visit our website at www.prairienet.org/idf

***
Claudia Lennhoff is the Executive Director of the Champaign County
Health Care Consumers (CCHCC). CCHCC was founded in 1977 and is a
grassroots citizen action organization dedicated to health care for all
and giving consumers a voice in the health care system. Claudia has
worked as a community organizer for CCHCC for 7 years, and has been
Executive Director since 1999. In 2002, she received the Robert Wood
Johnson Community Health Leadership award for her work with CCHCC in
increasing access to health care in Champaign County.

Claudia has lived in Champaign-Urbana since 1991, when she came to the U
of I for graduate study in Community Psychology.  She has been an
activist and organizer since 1988 when she lived in Baltimore, MD and
became involved in women's issues including welfare justice, child care,
access to reproductive health services (including clinic defenses), and
later in 1991, anti-Gulf war organizing.
***

The Illinois Disciples Foundation is a peace with justice campus
ministry. The programs of the IDF are the Progressive Resource/Action
Cooperative, the Common Ground Food Cooperative, and the Women's Direct
Action Collective.

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected?  Get a FREE computer virus
scan  online from McAfee.

>From Beethoven to the Rolling Stones, your favorite music is always
> playing
on MSN Radio Plus. No ads, no talk. Trial month FREE!