[cgfc] activist bbq (fwd)

Molly Stentz molly at ojctech.com
Thu Sep 11 09:51:03 CDT 2003

Dear Friends,

The Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative (PRC) and other
organizations invite you to attend an Activist Barbeque this coming
Sunday, September 14th from 1-4p.m. at the Illini Grove (off Lincoln
and Pennsylvania in Champaign).

The purpose of the barbeque is to bring together activists working on
different issues of social justice so that we can get to know each
other, share information concerning the issues that we care about and
announce our organizations' plans for the semester, and - of course -
have fun!

There will be food, speakers, music, literature and merchandise
tables, volleyball and basketball, and much more.

PLEASE BRING VEGETARIAN FOOD TO SHARE!

The barbeque is being co-sponsored by:

85% Coalition
Activist Forum
American Civil Liberties Union
Amnesty International Group 124
AWARE
Campus for Choice
Campus Vegetarian Society
Champaign County Health Care Consumers
Champaign County National Organization for Women
Common Ground Food Cooperative
Graduate Employees' Organization
Illinois Disciples Foundation
National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws
Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative
Rape Crisis Services School for Designing a Society
Student Peace Action
Students for Sensible Drug Policy
Students Improving the Lives of Animals
Teachers for Peace and Justice
Vietnam Veterans Against the War      Women's Direct Action Collective

   --> If your organization is not listed here,
       and you would like to co-sponsor,
       please email Brooke Anderson (brooke at shout.net) and
       Ken Viscidi (kviscidi at hotmail.com) for more information.

For more information, contact:

The Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative
phone:  (217) 352-8721
email:  prc at prairienet.org

"The standard four food groups are based on American agricultural
lobbies. Why do we have a milk group? Because we have a National Dairy
Council. Why do we have a meat group? Because we have an extremely
powerful meat lobby."
—Marion Nestle