[cgfc] Call for help/suggestions and attendance!

Jeanne Higgs towandat at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:09:32 CST 2004

Dear Members:

I am currently in the throes of planning a Family Resource Fair for Sunday
March 14 from noon to 4 in Wisegarver Hall. So far I have confirmations from
the Childcare Resource Center, the Prenatal and Family Education Program at
Carle, La Leche League and Lisa will be setting up a table with baby chicks
a planting activity and information on Farm Direct. Organizations I have
communicated with and am awaiting confirmation from include Champaign County
Health Care Consumers, U of I Extension, Even Start, Champaign County Safe
Kids Coalition, YMCA, Champaign Public Library, the Boys and Girls Club,
Orpheum Children's Museum, the Family Resource Center, Crisis Nursery and El
Informador (I believe I am forgetting a few others!). I have asked all
programs to bring Spanish language materials as well as English if they have
them and I want to advertise in El Informador as well as Access, Buzz and
The Paper.

I would like to ask anyone that is involved with an organization or group
that serves families and children (or presents information that might be of
interest to them) to please contact me and possibly lobby your organization
to participate (or you yourself could represent them at the fair!).

We would also like to have some fun activities for children and would like
to set up a mini store for kids to play in...Are there any members who might
have and be willing to lend us play cash registers and/or shopping carts?
Anyone who would be willing to do face painting? Do potato prints with kids?
Could people possible save smaller packaging (ie macaroni and cracker boxes)
for the "store"? I will place a box in the coop for these items. Ideas for
promotion are also very welcome!

I really believe that this has the potential to bring many new people into
the building letting people know about the coop and the many fantastic
resources that exist in our community.

Please feel free to get in touch with me via this email or at 344-5459.

Thanks,
Jeanne Higgs
Outreach Coordinator