[cgfc] FREE HOUSING--LIVE ABOVE THE COOP

Amy Clay amyclay at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 22 21:56:04 CDT 2004

I just had to send this along with a fairly earnest personal
reccommendation. I have been living on the third floor only
for a couple of months now, but i think it's pretty great.

My roommates are all very interesting, friendly and relaxed.
It's a great location for campus and community. You live a
floor or to one the larger campus/community spaces in town,
so you find out about different events that can be
entertaining, enlightening and informative and BEST OF ALL--I
LIVE ABOVE THE FOOD COOP!!

The ten hours of work is fairly easy and relaxed and often
gives some great opportunities not only to get out and see
what's going on in the community, but to do some community
networking and of course, you will be working for peace with
justice issues.

If you wanna hear more about it from a residential
perspective, email me or for the details,  contact Jen
Tayabji in the office.

Read On....

********************
Looking for free housing for 2004-05?
Want to work for social justice?

The IDF has the answer you're looking for!
********************

The Illinois Disciples Foundation (IDF) provides free housing
individuals in exchange for 10 hours of work each week as
campus ministry
associates. We are now filling this position for August 15,
2004 through
August 15, 2005. A one year commitment is required.

The Illinois Disciples Foundation is a peace with justice
campus ministry
and a non-profit organization. We work on social justices
issues including
racism, sexism, labor rights, self-determination and more.
The IDF has
three programs that also carry out a peace with justice
mission. These
programs are: the Common Ground Food Co-Op, the Progressive
Resource/Action Cooperative, and the Women’s Direct Action
Collective.

For more information or to get an application, please contact
Jen Tayabji
at (217) 352-8721 or at idf at prairienet.org, or stop by our
office (open
M-F from 12noon-5pm)! The IDF is located at the NW corner of
Springfield
and Wright in Champaign.

Visit us online at www.prairienet.org/idf!

"He who binds himself to a joy