[cgfc] Coop email lists

Matthew matthewn at mallorn.com
Tue May 11 23:25:51 CDT 2004

We currently have two lists dedicated to CGFC:

CGFC: internal Coop issues

CGFC-discuss: anything that might be of interested to people
involved with the Coop.

However, We're not doing a good job of using each list
appropriately. I suspect that this is because the distinct
purpose of each list hasn't been made clear. (And because
the website lists different purposes.) The fact that we have
a lot less people subscribed to CGFC-discuss would seem to
indicate that people want two lists, but the few  emails on
each list makes me wonder if we really need two separate lists.

If we need two lists, I think it would be useful to make the
CGFC list moderated so that non-internal emails could be
redirected to CGFC-discuss. Perhaps the lists could be renamed
to make the purpose of each more clear. (And I should almost
certainly clarify this everywhere else that's appropriate.)

What do you think, One list or Two? Feel free to simply email
me your opinion or to reply to the list for discussion.

 Matthew
CGFC list-monkey