[cgfc] HABA Buyer Needed!

Molly Stentz molly at ucimc.org
Tue Feb 15 14:09:06 CST 2005

Hello Co-opers!

Do you like trying out new body care items?
Do you get excited about new soaps and lotions?
Are there other natural products you wish we carried?

Common Ground has a position available. It may be for worker or
coreworker hours, depending on your schedule. It is a volunteer position
that offers some flexibility and added responsibility, plus you get to try
free samples! Our current wonderful buyer, Erin Murphy, is working on her
graduate studies and will have less time available in the future. She
and I will help train you!

HABA (Health and Beauty) Buyer
-------------------------------
This person is responsible for making weekly orders of Health and Body
Care items in the store. This includes soap, shampoos, toothpaste, etc, as
well as other non-food items in that section (eco-friendly paper
goods and cleaning supplies). They are also responsible for placing
occasional orders with other vendors (Burt's Bees, European Soaps).

RESPONSIBILITIES:
-Take weekly inventory of HABA area
-Determine order quantities and write up orders
-Stock and price HABA area items as needed
-Keep area attractive; make signs/displays as needed
-Evaluate new products for consideration
-Research products for customers and respond to questions
-Keep track of inventory for smaller vendors; place small orders

STATUS: Coreworker (3 hours/week) or Worker (1 hour/week)
REPORTS TO: Ordering Coordinator
TO APPLY: Stop by the store and fill out a worker application.

Thanks!