[cgfc] Asha - Fundraising dinner on Oct 1 (Saturday)

Sathish Gopalakrishnan sathish at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 11:42:30 CDT 2005

Hello co-opers,

Asha (which means 'hope' in Hindi) is an organization that works to
spread education and improve the lives of millions of underprivileged
children in India. Asha has several chapters in the US; the
Urbana-Champaign chapter has been around for 6 years now [More info at
http://www.ashanet.org/uiuc/].

We will be holding our fundraiser for this semester on October 1 at the
Great Hall of the Wesley Foundation. There will be some cultural
performances beginning at 5:30 p.m. followed by a *vegetarian dinner* at
about 6:45 p.m. The dinner is our primary fundraising activity. By
attending the event you can brighten the future of many children.

Thanks a lot!
--Sathish