[Commotion-admin] [luci-commotion] Passwords (page) (#101)

Seamus Tuohy notifications at github.com
Tue Dec 10 15:26:15 UTC 2013

@critzo @georgiamoon The admin password is not a uci value and, as such, will not show up on the confirmation page.  How should we approach this. The options I see are:
1) we could redirect the user back to the same page on admin password change to give them a success message. (this would mean that if they modify the admin password and an interface password we would have to indicate that they should click "save" again to set the interface password.
2) We indicate to them that the admin password will be set automatically and not show up on the confirmation page.
3) Add a special section to the confirmation page that will flag values that were automatically added to say. "Your admin password was automatically set, would you like to save these other values?"
4) Make that same section a faked "value to save". This means that if a user reverts, that admin password will not revert and may cause a non-intuitive experience.
5) Buy me a boat and a pony, and we could all together go out on the ocean. Me upon my pony on my boat.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/luci-commotion/issues/101#issuecomment-30236376