[Commotion-admin] [olsrd] Converted olsrd-mdp to use commotiond/serval-plugin (#15)

hawkinswnaf notifications at github.com
Thu Dec 19 05:24:49 UTC 2013

> -  if (!strlen(config_instancepath)) {
> -    olsr_printf(1, "[MDP] Must set a Serval instance path (servalpath) for this plugin to work.\n\n");
> -    exit(1);
> -  }
> +  CHECKF(strlen(config_instancepath),"[MDP] Must set a Serval instance path (servalpath) for this plugin to work.\n\n");
> +
> +  CHECKF(co_init() == 1,"Failed to initialize Commotion client\n\n");
> +
> +  CHECKF((co_conn = co_connect(CO_SOCK,sizeof(CO_SOCK))),"Failed to connect to Commotion socket\n\n");

Shouldn't my olsrd.conf plugin parameter now be the location of the commotion socket (if the default is not okay) instead of specifying the serval keyring path? I thought that commotiond contained the necessary bits to hide all the serval specific "stuff" from the end user?

Oh, but now I see below where we need to grab the key from the serval keyring to get things started.

In either case, it seems like it might be nice to have an option to allow the user to customize the path to the commotion socket.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/olsrd/pull/15/files#r8461003