[Commotion-admin] [commotion-mesh-applet] Ubuntu 13.04 Ad-hoc disallowed for Asus/Acer netbooks (#5)

Hans-Christoph Steiner notifications at github.com
Wed Jul 17 19:16:55 UTC 2013

Shouldn't this bug report/discussion be happening on the redmine?

I believe the old open source b43 driver has working adhoc mode.  And I think
some broadcom drivers do support adhoc somewhat, but some definitely do not
have any usable support.

This is definitely not an issue in commotion-mesh-applet.  NetworkManager
tries to handle it somewhat, but its not easy to do even there, where its a
more natural place for it.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-mesh-applet/issues/5#issuecomment-21137216