[Commotion-admin] [commotion-openwrt] pin AA version to tagged stable release from April (#15)

Ben West notifications at github.com
Thu Jun 27 21:18:06 UTC 2013

Commenting, even tho this merge has already been committed.

Looks like there are a bunch of IPv6 related changed being backported into AA right now, and I'll venture a guess that is relevant to this issue.

Here is the URL for browsing changesets to current AA:
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/branches/attitude_adjustment

... versus the URL for commits made to the tag 'attitude_adjustment_12.09':
https://dev.openwrt.org/browser/tags/attitude_adjustment_12.09

Unfortunately, it does look like using the tag means you get no updates at all until the OpenWRT dev team makes another stable release (i.e. circa 2015).  And it doesn't appear the OpenWRT git repos using any tagging at all.  Likewise, less chance of bisecting the root cause.

Would pinning the feeds.conf file to specific revisions of AA be more appealing?

I have r36969 I can try out here, to see if it is affected by this issue.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-openwrt/pull/15#issuecomment-20155601