[Commotion-admin] [luci-commotion] Modularize Commotion Helpers (#30)

Seamus Tuohy notifications at github.com
Mon Nov 4 15:43:39 UTC 2013

The new modular commotion helpers packages have been created.  I am leaving testing instructions for individual package maintainers here so that I can track all testing before submitting and accepting all pull requests related to this at the same time.

The following repo's (issue_30 branch) need to be tested:

commotion-dashboard-helper - Nat/Andrew?
luci-commotion-quickstart - Seamus
luci-theme-commotion - Seamus/Dan/Andrew?
luci-commotion-apps - Dan
luci-commotion-splash - Dan
luci-commotion - Seamus/Dan/Andrew?

TO TEST:
Download the commotion-openwrt repo and change the commotion-feed repo in feeds.conf to the following

src-git commotion git://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-feed.git;issue_30_test

All repo's will be compiled on their current issue_30 test branch. From there you can look at the diff of your individual test branch and devise a test to cause the code to execute.

This can be an oppourtunity to create scripted unit-tests for your luci-applications. For instructions on how to build a command line script to easily recreate a luci submission please look at https://github.com/elationfoundation/luci_tutorials/blob/master/06-debugging.md#recreate-and-get-lua-error-debugging-output-on-the-command-line-

You can then ensure that the proper line of code was called by following the instructions at https://github.com/elationfoundation/luci_tutorials/blob/master/06-debugging.md#line-by-line-call-trace to get a full line trace of your code. This will allow you to ensure that you have tested each componenet and that it will be easy for you to reporduce this condition in your code if you need to in the future.

Once you have tested your pull request, please comment on this issue with the repo tested. Once every repo has been tested I will do accept all the pull requests at one time, and if you have created scripted tests (please do) I will then run all scripted tests to ensure that all pull requests together do not create any unintentional bugs.

Then we will celebrate. It will be a glorious festival of music and cheering. There will be drums, and singers, and stories of our epic accomplishments... or we will just add a release note and be on our way.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/luci-commotion/issues/30#issuecomment-27694746