[Commotion-admin] [commotion-openwrt] Verify txpower option is working on Picostation (#41)

Ben West notifications at github.com
Fri Oct 4 16:05:56 UTC 2013

Observation from IS4CWN suggests that Picostation M2 nodes seem to have their txpower fixed at 16dmb / 39mW.  This is despite seeing different values set explicitly in /etc/config/wireless, and it's been observed consistently enough to rule the possibility that nodes are simply retaining a txpower setting that was previously set via command line and not rebooted.  Likewise, I can confirm the ability to set different txpower settings on Nanonstation Loco M2 APs using another OpenWRT AA derivative of nearly identical vintage, indicated an issue specific to Picostations.

I'm filing this issue so that it doesn't get forgotten, and in case this becomes an issue to file upstream.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-openwrt/issues/41