[Commotion-admin] [commotion-openwrt] Problem changing channel in presence of other nodes (#48)

areynold notifications at github.com
Wed Oct 16 15:14:58 UTC 2013

we experienced issues with changing the wireless channel off of 5. We changed it to 11, saved and applied, and although the menu records the channel as changed, Wi-Fi analyzer and iwconfig record it as still set to 5.

the node, upon bringing up its wireless interface, will always scan channels to see if there is a mesh to join, and it will join that mesh and set its channel to that mesh's channel regardless of the choice the user made. Thus far, it seems the workaround is to bring up the first node in a new mesh in the absence of any other mesh network, set its channel to the channel you want, then bring up the other nodes in its presence."

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-openwrt/issues/48