[Commotion-admin] [commotion-router] Add compile-time protections to compiled code (#22)

areynold notifications at github.com
Fri Apr 11 13:24:35 EDT 2014

>From http://multimedia.cx/eggs/heroic-defender-of-the-stack/:
"This has to be compiled with no optimization at all (-O0) or else the compiler will (quite justifiably) optimize away the unused buffer and omit SSP."

We're using -Os (size) as a global flag. I'm going to try building my test package -O0 to see if -fstack-protector will finally apply correctly, then try building a full build to check the final image size with no optimization.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-router/issues/22#issuecomment-40228094