[Commotion-admin] [commotion-router] dnsmasq networking error breaks interfaces (#95)

Josh King notifications at github.com
Thu Feb 20 20:58:31 UTC 2014

@westbywest, I suspect that that cronjob is not to restart dnsmasq when it crashes, but rather to get it to reload its configuration file. This might be needed when, say, /var/run/hosts_olsr is updated.

On further testing of this issue, I think the issue wasn't that dnsmasq caused networking to not come up, but the other way around. The debug logs indicate the mesh interface didn't come up, so /tmp/resolved.conf.auto wasn't populated, which may have been why an empty table was returned to luci by dnsmasq. Since the logs don't indicate why the mesh backhaul didn't come up, and it may have been due to an issue already fixed (and because the luci issue was fixed), I'm going to close this issue and aim to find the original problem if it still exists during rigorous stability testing for v1.1.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-router/issues/95#issuecomment-35668089