[Commotion-admin] [commotion-docs] Clarify Build Requirements for Commotion-Router (#41)

andygunn notifications at github.com
Wed Feb 26 18:57:33 UTC 2014

>From my installation process on Ubuntu 13.10, I needed to install the following prerequisites:
git, svn, ncurses, zlib, awk, XML::Parser

We should provide a bit of background on needing a Linux environment to build Commotion Router, and provide instructions for Debian systems (including Ubuntu, Mint, etc).
We can instruct people to run something like:
"apt-get install subversion build-essential libncurses5-dev zlib1g-dev gawk git ccache gettext libssl-dev xsltproc"
"Additional packages may be required if errors occur during the build process:
"apt-get install libxml-parser-perl"

Then the rest of the commands from https://wiki.commotionwireless.net/doku.php?id=development_resources:router:creating_commotion work just fine.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-docs/issues/41#issuecomment-36162574