[Commotion-admin] [commotion-docs] Add note about back-to-back directional nodes (#176)

andygunn notifications at github.com
Fri Jun 6 10:47:03 EDT 2014

Anywhere there is an image of two routers on a single pole (there are a few on the Common Configuration page), I think we should put this note:

"
Note: Mounting two wireless routers back-to-back on the same pole can cause interference. For best performance, we recommend:
1. Mounting equipment on separate poles. A separation of two or three meters (6 to 10 feet) can make a big difference in reducing the amount of wireless interference.
2. Using metal shields on the back of directional nodes. These reduce the wireless signal radiated from the back of the equipment, reducing the interference. You can buy these [http://www.rfarmor.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12&products_id=30](commercially), or make your own from metal building studs.
"

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-docs/issues/176#issuecomment-45344728