[Commotion-admin] [commotion-router] Custom iptables firewall rules not being applied. (#156)

BigJ64 notifications at github.com
Tue Nov 4 21:53:05 EST 2014

In working to add custom iptables firewall rules into commotion I stumbled on the "Custom Rules" page in the Firewall section of the Advanced config.  I added my iptables rules and reset the firewall only to find that the rules had not been applied.  I logged in and applied my iptables rules manually to double check syntax and they worked as designed.  I found that the file this section was editing was the /etc/firewall.user file. After some more investigation these seams to be a standard file used for adding custom firewall rules in OpenWRT but that it needed to be included in the UCI firewall config file with the following included statement:

config include
       option path /etc/firewall.user

These lines were missing from the UCI firewall config file located at /etc/config/firewall. Once these lines were added the firewall.user file was included as described it would be and all iptables rules were applied successfully.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-router/issues/156