[Commotion-admin] [commotion-router] Mikrotik RB433 LAN ports not used on initial config (#158)

adamsteele notifications at github.com
Tue Nov 18 22:21:59 EST 2014

The Routerboard RB433 has 3 ethernet ports. One WAN port (eth0) and a pair of LAN ports (eth1). When Commotion is initially installed it only sets up eth0 to be used (binding br-lan to eth0's MAC).

To get the LAN ports working you must first add `option ifname 'eth1'` to `/etc/config/networking` under the `config interface 'lan'` section.
Next you must delete the br-lan interface and set it back up using eth1:

    ifconfig br-lan down
    brctl delbr br-lan
    brctl addbr br-lan
    brctl addif br-lan eth1
    ifconfig br-lan 10.0.0.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up

After that eth0 (WAN) should be free to gateway as needed.

I haven't looked through how Commotion initially configures things so I don't have anything pull-able but this should be a start.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-router/issues/158