[Commotion-admin] [commotion-router] replace busybox wget with SSL-enabled wget (#159)

Josh King notifications at github.com
Fri Nov 21 14:11:01 EST 2014

I was hoping that opkg had a configuration option to specify a download utility other than wget, but I don't see any evidence of that so far. Also, I'm not sure it's common practice for distros to only provide their package repositories via SSL, given that most of them do some kind of package verification.

I would suggest that rather than pulling in wget-ssl, since we'll still have to provide the repositories unencrypted for past releases, is that we move forward with getting package signing set up for our transition to barrier breaker, and provide (but not redirect to) an HTTPS version of downloads.commotionwireless.net for people to download the router images from (and make sure that the links on our downloads page point at the HTTPS versions).

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-router/pull/159#issuecomment-64021999