[Commotion-admin] [commotion-router] Nanostation 2.4GHz (XM) not putting out over ethernet after initial flash (#168)

Adam Longwill notifications at github.com
Wed Apr 8 17:44:17 EDT 2015

I have a pair of 2 Nanostations that can be flashed successfully via UBNT GUI or over TFTP with Commotion 1.2rc (I tried both multiple times).

However, after flashing, I fired up TCPdump to see what the IP address would be to connect to the devices but in neither case ANY packet from the newly flashed Commotion-driven Nanostation came over the wire. I also do not see anything wireless coming from them, I forget if they are supposed to. TCPdump reported 0 packets received.

I downloaded 1.2rc from https://downloads.commotionwireless.net/router/1.2rc1/ar71xx/generic/

specifically: commotion-master-ar71xx-generic-ubnt-nano-m-squashfs-factory.bin

I guess you could say it's "bricked" but you can simply go back into the TFTP mode and reflash which I have tried and succeeded with but to the same result.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-router/issues/168