[Commotion-admin] [mlab-observatory] Refactor data path (#68)

mtlynch notifications at github.com
Wed Apr 15 13:41:15 EDT 2015

This change is to facilitate using Observatory in an isolated staging environment that doesn't need to touch the production data. To do that, we create a single variable that indicates the root of the data directory and we put this variable in its own path.js file.

This also includes a bootstrap_environment.js file that the user runs when first setting up the environment after checking out the repo which creates the correct file depending on whether this is for a staging or production environment.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/opentechinstitute/mlab-observatory/pull/68

-- Commit Summary --

  * Refactoring the Observatory data path to a separate file and adding a script to pick which file to use.
  * Merge branch 'data-path-refactor' of https://github.com/mtlynch/mlab-observatory into data-path-refactor

-- File Changes --

    M .gitignore (2)
    M README.md (10)
    A environment_bootstrap.py (47)
    M index.html (3)
    M static/js/observatory/js/dataLoader.js (30)
    A static/js/observatory/js/paths.js.live (14)
    A static/js/observatory/js/paths.js.staging (14)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/mlab-observatory/pull/68.patch
https://github.com/opentechinstitute/mlab-observatory/pull/68.diff

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/mlab-observatory/pull/68