[Commotion-admin] [mlab-observatory] Analytics: Make usage information available to analytics (#59)

mtlynch notifications at github.com
Fri Feb 20 12:03:17 EST 2015

Observatory does all view management with local script variables after the `#` so the server can't see it. We should make the specific view information available for analytics so that we can understand which features of Observatory that users care about and which they don't. It doesn't necessarily have to be the whole URL (including date, providers, etc) but we should at the very least know if they're looking at the compare view, the explore view, the tutorial, hourly vs daily, etc.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/mlab-observatory/issues/59