[Commotion-admin] [luci-commotion] Additional network interfaces announce vs. mesh (#127)

Seamus Tuohy notifications at github.com
Fri Jan 9 18:04:44 EST 2015

My Bad, should have properly linked this to the surrounding issues.

>From [Issue 43](https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotiond/issues/43)

> meshabilty: whether to pass mesh routing traffic over this interface
> announceability: whether to declare this interface's subnet to the rest of the mesh (via, for instance, an HNA)
> The first two parameters should exclusive (you shouldn't be able to mesh over a client network)."

[The overarching flag issue is described in greater detail in issue 133](https://github.com/opentechinstitute/luci-commotion/issues/133). It all is derived from the original specification in [issue 85](https://github.com/opentechinstitute/luci-commotion/issues/85).

If I remember correctly, and it has been a little over a year. The core issue was that flags don't have a string that depends can check. BUT! I figured out later that CBI checks on flags check for the self.enabled value if true and and empty string if false. This only applies to flags. So, the above functionality should be implementable with that known. let me know if I am mistaken.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/luci-commotion/issues/127#issuecomment-69415830