[Commotion-admin] [commotion-docs] Update documentation to warn about distinction between XM and XW series devices (#314)

Josh King notifications at github.com
Tue Jan 20 10:45:47 EST 2015

Ubiquiti has started quietly rolling out 'XW' devices, which are versions of the previous 'XM' devices with updated chipsets and different flash layouts. This includes Nanostation M, Loco M, and Airgrid devices at least. This is problematic because the only way to tell which version you have is through the AirOS web interface, and no XW versions are currently supported by Commotion as of v1.1. Nano M-XW is supported in Barrier Breaker, and Loco M-XW is supported in trunk OpenWRT, but no version of OpenWRT currently supports the Airgrid XW devices.

We should update our documentation for Ubiquiti devices to warn about the different versions.

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-docs/issues/314