[Commotion-admin] [commotion-router] All clients connecting under 802.11g / Slow speeds (#179)

Johnny Joannou notifications at github.com
Fri Oct 2 11:23:05 EDT 2015

I thought I would post this here, as I'm not sure that the other tracker is active.
(https://projects.opentechinstitute.org/issues/1582)

Basically from what I can gather, I'm getting poor speeds because all clients are connecting under g mode instead of n.

I'm using a Unifi AP-LR that worked really well prior to flashing it.
Tried messing with every option possible with no luck!

Here's a copy/paste from the other tracker:

-----

Hey,

I'm quite new to the world of mesh networking and I'm experiencing an
odd issue.
I just recently set up a single UniFi AP-LR with Commotion and have
noticed the download speeds are capped at 20mbps.
In the same configuration with the stock firmware I get 30-50.

I've made sure to set the band and power settings to the same as before
and made sure QoS and WMM was off.
My current setup is just one AP at the moment to try to get things
initially set up so I can start adding on.
Configuration wise, nothing has changed, just the firmware from what I
can tell.
Hooking a PC up to the same cable yields around 70mbps.

I really like it so far, great work on it, but getting the speeds back
to normal is critical.
Thanks,
Johnny

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-router/issues/179