[Commotion-android] Anyone there?

Josh King jking at chambana.net
Sun May 1 14:57:17 EDT 2016

Hello,

No, the Android version of Commotion is not being worked on currently.
Ultimately, attempting to do mesh networking on Android devices in the
same way that it's done on routers ended up being a technical dead-end.
Modern versions of Android lack the necessary APIs and driver support
to reliable and effectively use most of the underlying technologies
that embedded wireless firmwares like Commotion use, though the efforts
around the Android prototype app provided valuable research
information. I would like to return to an Android app in the future,
though with a strategy of using it to provide greater security to and
enrich the experience of using a router-based wireless mesh network.

I'm going to be doing some website and list cleanup later this week, so
thanks for flagging this as a list that should most likely be archived
for the time being.