[Commotion-dev] a related crypto mesh effort: Neruda

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Apr 6 14:39:25 UTC 2012

Here's the proposal for an "open yet hardened overlay network" with similar goals to Commotion from the FreedomBox people.  I like their idea for using the host key fingerprint as a normal IPv6 address, since they can be the same length.  This allows for multiple crypto algorithms to be used, and might allow for more transparent operation.

They also have outlined a service discovery technique based on Tor called Port Santiago, but that probably relies more on having internet connectivity.

http://freedomboxfoundation.org/

Begin forwarded message: