[Commotion-dev] dynamic runtime config of olsrd

Ben West me at benwest.name
Thu Apr 12 15:57:05 UTC 2012

In my practice, I've only just restarted the olsrd daemon after changing
olsrd.conf and let a minute or so transpire while it rebuilds the routing
table.

The disruption of any actively routed traffic wasn't that long (e.g. a
minute or less), and I think it would only be noticeable on continuous TCP
streams (aka streaming media) and maybe SSH sessions.

Also, you could try manually setting a default route with a higher metric
(aka lower priority) as a fallback for the period while olsrd restarts.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 9:26 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner <
hans at guardianproject.info> wrote:

> I'm wondering what's the best example for dynamic configuration of olsrd?
>  The only example I could find is the httpinfo ADMIN_INTERFACE, which seems
> to have been abandoned years ago.
>
> Is anyone doing dynamic configuration of olsrd at runtime?  Is this not at
> all useful?
>
> .hc

Ben West
me at benwest.name