[Commotion-dev] MeshTether GUI is feature complete

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Aug 3 00:41:20 UTC 2012

Ok, I finished all of the features for the first round of MeshTether and
its working pretty well on the Nexus One I'm using for testing.  I've
also tried the HTC Wildfire, Motorola Droid, and HTC myTouch 3G.

I've implemented the mesh profiles like this:

- (default) uses the wifi/ip settings from the preferences and the
  olsrd.conf that is included in the app

- the rest are scanned from the file system in two places:
    * in the app's app_bin/ folder
    * /mnt/sdcard/MeshTether

- the scanner looks in those dirs for *.properties and takes the
  filename as the profile name (i.e. myprofile.properties will be
  linked to the "myprofile" item in the profiles menu)

- if there is also a myprofile.conf next to the myprofile.properties
  then it will use that as the olsrd.conf. otherwise, it'll use the
  included olsrd.conf

- the properties options are:

    ssid=commotionwireless.net
    bssid=02:CA:FF:EE:BA:BE
    channel=5
    ip=172.29.0.0
    ipgenerate=true
    netmask=255.255.0.0
    dns=8.8.8.8

- all are required, except 'ipgenerate', which marks the 'ip' as the
  root for the IP generation algorithm.  If 'ipgenerate' is unset or
  not 'true', then the 'ip' is used as is.

Here's a test apk:

https://guardianproject.info/builds/CommotionMeshTether/2012-08-02/
md5: 6157640c85ccfb2389e21e015a3ea764
sha1: 62a46b73dbc08e48b75a2a443a304601cce0f1bc

give it a whirl and let me know how it works for you!

.hc