[Commotion-dev] Tests [Was: Re: Experiences with AR7xxx based USB wifi adapter?]

Paul Gardner-Stephen paul at servalproject.org
Thu Dec 13 01:53:12 UTC 2012

Hello,

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:50 AM,  <stephane at shimaore.net> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> Some use-case level tests that I think make sense are as follows.
> [...]
>> 1. GSM->GSM VoMP phone call via single OpenBTS
>> 2. GSM->GSM VoMP phone call via two meshed OpenBTS (single hop between
>> the OpenBTS units)
>
> Funny how the mind works. The type of test cases I had in mind were kind
> of perpendicular to those you listed:
> - initiate call, caller hang-up
> - initiate call, called hang-up
> - initiate call, caller put on hold, caller hang up
> etc.
>
> We obviously need to document both directions.

Agreed. I think the combination will give us a very strong foundation
to test and develop against.

So, the dreaded question, who is going to work on capturing all this?
And then turn it into an actionable test regime?
And then periodically apply it to the code base?

Of course many of these things will be done by all of us on an
incremental basis as we develop our respective parts, but I think
there needs to be a Test Meister who can own and drive this.

Paul.