[Commotion-dev] open garden wifi tether

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Feb 7 17:05:30 UTC 2012

Doh, oh well.  I see now: for serval, 'tether' was just renamed 'adhoc' and the ifconfig/ folder is stripped out.  I wonder if android-wifi-tether or OpenGarden would also nuke the wifi on my Droid-CM7.1, I'll try it out once I get it going again.  I had played with OpenGarden on that phone before, so I think not, but I'll try to confirm that.

So it looks like you split up the mega tether_edify script into per-device edify scripts.  That makes sense, it makes those scripts rational chunks.  Now I see the logging and all, but unfortunately, I already deleted batphone.  I reinstalled it and ran the setup again, the logs are attached.  I think it might be different than the initial attempt because detect.log is telling me this:

"Could not work out how to control your WiFi chipset. Relying on operating system, so no ad-hoc WiFi."

Here's all the logs: