[Commotion-dev] Barnacle Tether

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Feb 7 20:16:38 UTC 2012

Yes, he does have some useful blog posts on his site, this will probably affect us to:

http://szym.net/2010/12/barnacle-and-ipad/#more-292
"...the wireless driver on many Android phones only beacons an ad-hoc network for a while, and then if no other client associates, it stops. The next time it tries, it uses a different BSSID. Unfortunately, AFAIK, there's nothing we can do to stop it. If you try providing a BSSID in the settings, it might simply fail to beacon at all (it would only associate with an existing network matching that BSSID)."

.hc