[Commotion-dev] Boilerplate Android code pushed

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jan 10 20:41:46 UTC 2012

Hey Brian,

I briefly checked out your code, I'll dig in more soon.  Did you get ad-hoc mode running after all?  I assume so since you said you got olsrd running.  Apparently, on some devices, you have to replace the wpa_supplicant binary in order to get ad-hoc mode working:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=929865

Cyanogenmod seems to include everything needed to run ad-hoc though.

I just found this, which looks like it should provide us with some useful code:
http://code.google.com/p/adhoc-on-android/

On approach that might work for us is to include our own custom wpa_supplicant in the app.

.hc