[Commotion-dev] updated Ubuntu packages in Commotion PPA

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Tue Jul 3 15:30:15 UTC 2012

On Jul 2, 2012, at 6:45 PM, Jordan McCarthy wrote:

> Hi again,
> The /usr/bin/olsrd-adhoc-setup reference is in /etc/default/olsrd.
>
> As for the script itself, it definitely isn't running automatically.
> The problem appears to that the value of $SETUP_ADHOC isn't being read
> correctly from the config file; when echoed, the variable comes out
> entirely blank.  (Bizarrely, $START_OLSRD comes across just fine).
>
> This very well may be some oddity of my setup, so please don't waste
> any time on it just yet; I'll dig into it more tomorrow.  And aside
> from this minor glitch, the package works great.

Doh!  That's because I have START_ADHOC in /etc/default/olsrd and SETUP_ADHOC in /etc/init.d/olsrd.

> While I'm on this issue, I figured I'd also ask if you have a github
> repo set up for the linux code.  If not, would you have any objection
> to dropping it into OTI's redmine system?  And if so, could I ask you
> to set up a WebHook Service Hook (Github's equivalent of a
> post-receive hook) pointing to
> https://code.commotionwireless.net/github_hook?project_id=commotion-linux,
> so we can set up a local mirror of your github repo?

I try to keep the code as upstream as possible, so in this case olsrd-adhoc-setup is in olsr.org's olsrd.git and all of the Debian packaging is in the Debian SVN for the olsrd package:

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/collab-maint/deb-maint/olsrd/

.hc