[Commotion-dev] Wiki page about OLSR TX Power plugin

L. Aaron Kaplan aaron at lo-res.org
Tue Jul 17 09:14:37 UTC 2012

Ben et al,

are you aware of the work going on in DLEP right now?
Essentially DLEP is a new RFC draft which is being discussed at the IETF right now . It is a protocol between $radio and $routing_protocol
It can communicate two-way and send commands such as txpwr-- or txpwr++ or read out the SNR and things like that.
Essentially, it is the glue connecting a routing protocol 's metric calculation system with it's radios.
A txpower plugin would fit very neatly into this framework. Take a look at it: http://olsr.org/git/?p=dlep_app.git;a=summary
Henning is the guy to ask for details.

Aaron.