[Commotion-dev] Problem with busybox_config as committed

Will Hawkins hawkinsw at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Jul 25 21:38:48 UTC 2012

Hey Hans! Thanks for your responses. See below.

On 07/25/2012 11:31 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Thanks for catching the busybox config issue, I think the thing to try is replace the /usr/local/android-ndk with $NDK_BASE, hopefully that will work.

I temporarily committed a note to the documentation to work around this.
I will look at doing something more permanent based on this information.

> Whenever you see the can't connect to 9090 error, that means that olsrd is not running. For some reason, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH stopped working for the plugin loading, I dont' know what.  But sticking the full path to the plugins in the olsrd.conf worked for me.  I just pushed that commit.
>
> As for which distro, I think this should work on a lot of android distros.  I've been most recently developing on a Nexus One with the stock ROM.  But HTC+Cyanogenmod is the safest bet.

Update: I flashed an HTC Sensation with CM 9 and the app now works ...
sort of. I occasionally (often, actually) have a problem where the app
gets stuck at "Found active WAN interface". When this happens it looks
like the run script doesn't even get to where olsrd is started. If this
is something you haven't seen, I am happy to debug. I just thought I'd
ask before I went down that path.

> There is one other relevant outstanding issue: the routing.  The Android static IP API requires that a gateway is specified.  So we stuck in the phone's own IP for the gateway.  This means the default route is then the phones own IP.  I added busybox so we can easily delete that route, but I haven't found the right place in the whole startup operation to do this and actually have the setting stick.  It can be done manually and it works.
>
> So this just means that an HNA that specifies a default route (0.0.0.0) won't work in the current app without manual intervention via the terminal.  Once we have Will's framework for starting and stopping lots of terminal command via a single 'su -c' thread, then we can clean up the whole startup process and make sure that route stays deleted.

This is something that I think I've run into. However, I may actually
have been running into a different issue.

In either case, I have been pulled to another task this week so my work
on the single-shell tool has been postponed. I should be able to restart
that work early next week and I hope to have something by the middle of
next week.

Will