[Commotion-dev] license and copyright assignment?

Josh King jking at chambana.net
Fri Jun 8 21:15:24 UTC 2012

The CommotionWRT code I've written is under the GPLv3, and I have a
strong preference for GPL licenses. We haven't been asking projects to
assign copyright to us (OTI) for code we've funded to have added to
existing projects, but standalone original applications like MeshTether
may be a different matter that we've just picked up discussions here at
OTI about what that would look like. I'm going to find out from people
here what the view is on best practice under the grant, and bring that
to the list as a discussion point.