[Commotion-dev] Commotion on the Raspberry Pi?

Dan Staples danarky at riseup.net
Wed Jun 20 23:10:09 UTC 2012

Taking many of the same inspirations that led to Commotion, I've been
working on creating a framework for decentralized file-sharing and
communication over a wireless mesh network, utilizing the Raspberry Pi
as the device of choice (due to its low cost and the capabilities of
embedded linux).  I aim to use OLSR for the routing protocol, and
Tahoe-LAFS for file storage/sharing.

I see that Commotion is focused on smartphones and OpenWRT-flashed
routers, but I was wondering if my idea might fit well with the
Commotion project.  Long-term vision, I'd like to create a linux image
one could boot from an SD card on the Raspberry Pi, but for now I'm
focusing on getting the mesh networking set up.

I'd love to hear feedback, and if you all think this might be a good fit
with Commotion.

cheers,
Dan