[Commotion-dev] complete Android GUI mockups

Andrew Reynolds andrew at opentechinstitute.org
Fri Jun 22 16:54:31 UTC 2012

Comments posted to issue 162 (https://code.commotionwireless.net/issues/162)

As far as methodology, I cut out each of the screen mockups and had
people navigate the app as though it were an actual phone, handing them
new pages based on their behavior. I had a mix of technical and
nontechnical users, with most of the technical users being members of
the Commotion dev team. All were android users.

Behavior and expectations were fairly close between both groups, though
the technical users (mostly members of the commotion dev team) were able
to make better educated guesses when they got stuck. Novice users tended
to explore, but mostly kept the default settings.

-andrew