[Commotion-dev] Submitted DNS and configuration changes

Will Hawkins hawkinsw at opentechinstitute.org
Fri May 11 14:29:34 UTC 2012

On 05/10/2012 08:13 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On May 10, 2012, at 8:00 PM, Nathan of Guardian wrote:
>
>> On 05/10/2012 06:22 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>> Ah, ok, that github olsr-wifi-tehter repo is defunct,
>> we should perhaps archive it then? or otherwise indicate we have moved
>> dev over to:
>> https://code.commotionwireless.net/commotion/commotion-android.git
>
> My plan was to delete it from github once things are ironed out.  I just changed the description and link to reflect the current status.
>
>>> I think we should try to use the commotion-android Redmine for everything related.  That said, I've never done it with Redmine, so I couldn't tell you how...
>>>
>> Redmine doesn't offer a Pull Request type feature. I think you will have
>> to do it the old fashion way, merge branch (which is what a pull request
>> really is) or patch!
>
> I'm not a fan of github pull requests because they make you do merges.  Instead the patches can just be applied directly and then you have a nice clean history :)  I think the thing to do with Redmine is either post patches or a link to another git repo with the commits.

I have not real preference one way or the other. I shoe-horned these
changes into a pull request because I thought that would be the easiest
way for you.

I am happy to submit a zip file full of patches, maintain a github repo
with a NAF branch that you can pull from or host a read-only repo on
code.commotionwireless.net that you can pull from. Suffice it to say
that I am flexible!!

Andrew has asked that the other Commotion devs here at OTI weigh in on
the best way to handle this. Hopefully there will be people who have
good ideas! :-)