[Commotion-dev] static BSSID?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri May 11 18:03:33 UTC 2012

The trickiest thing for the user of the OlsrMeshTether app remains the ad-hoc network associating.  If a bunch of phones are starting up at the same time, they can easily start associating with themselves in clusters.  Then there is multiple meshes that can't talk to each other.

It seems a simple solution to this is to just hard-code the BSSID for Commotion in general as a default, then allow people to change this if they really want to.  I propose using CC:CC:CC:CC:CC:CC as the static BSSID.

Is there any reason why we wouldn't want to use a static BSSID as the default?

.hc