[Commotion-dev] static BSSID?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Sun May 13 02:08:25 UTC 2012

My guess is that this is not a good idea to include in the madwifi driver, since it goes against how the Ad-hoc standard is supposed to work, and it would hinder interoperability with other implementations outside of madwifi (other Linux drivers, Windows, BSD, Mac OS X, etc.)

But for mesh use, this makes perfect sense from what I can see since more mesh nodes on the same SSID mean a better network, versus with standard Ad-hoc, multiple networks with the same SSID would mean interference, both on the wifi level, and things like multiple DHCP servers, etc.

.hc