[Commotion-dev] app name and Java package name for Android?

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Wed May 16 19:11:30 UTC 2012

On 05/16/2012 02:41 PM, Andrew Reynolds wrote:
> Is there any reason not to call the app Commotion (or some variant)?
> That would be the most consistent with the rest of the project.

I think there was some idea that Commotion was the umbrella brand, while
this app was just one feature or instance of that.

Commotion MeshConnect, perhaps?

I think also, from the pure open-source, open-protocol side of things,
we are still thinking of this as a generic OLSRd Android app, that just
so happens to work with Commotion-based mesh quite well.

On 05/16/2012 02:54 PM, Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> How about Commotion-BETA or Commotion-ALPHA -- something that is
*really* clear
> that this is a first run.

We can change the label of the app outside of the formal name of the app
within the code itself. In addition, we have a standard EULA Mechanism
that pops up on first run, which can be used to inform the user of the
current state of the software.

+n