[Commotion-dev] TidePools: Social software for Commotion

Jonathan Baldwin jrbaldwin at gmail.com
Thu May 24 19:29:19 UTC 2012

Thanks Isaac!

I just realized, if anyone is starting up a new build, that you need to
create a map (new map button) before you can add landmarks (landmarks write
to maps in DB)...

Also, there is a secret button in the top left corner to add buildings,
flora, etc (admin stuff I haven't implemented because there are no accounts
right now). It's a JS input field for .PNG image file names, type and then
click to drop it on the map...you can add any locally hosted images to the
map this way...).

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM, Isaac Wilder <
isaac_lists at freenetworkmovement.org> wrote:

>  Amazing!
> I just watched the video and got giddy.
>
> Really incredible work, Jonathan.
>

> Isaac
>

> On 05/24/2012 12:30 PM, Jonathan Baldwin wrote:
>
> I just released the first build of TidePools – social map software for
> community wireless networks, designed to run on top of Commotion.
>
>  You can get the code here:
> https://github.com/jrbaldwin/TidePools
>
>  More information at:
> http://tidepools.co
>
>  TidePools is meant to run locally, which includes custom generated map
> tiles (via OpenStreetMaps + TileMill). With some minor tinkering it can
> probably run on top of any web based map. Let me know if you have any
> questions.
>
>  Best,
> Jonathan
>

>  --