[Commotion-dev] TidePools: Social software for Commotion

Jonathan Baldwin jrbaldwin at gmail.com
Fri May 25 03:56:45 UTC 2012

Tidepools does not need to interface with tidepools.co, it was designed to
run on standalone, private or public mesh.

As long as you are hosting your own map tiles it will all run locally. I
need to write up a tutorial on how to extract & build map tiles through
OpenStreetMap > TileMill > Leaflet ... in the mean time, you can download
the map tiles I use for the Red Hook mesh here:
http://www.jrbaldwin.com/tidepools/redhook_maptiles.zip   if you want
something to test with.

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM, Jonathan Baldwin <jrbaldwin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I just released the first build of TidePools – social map software for
> > community wireless networks, designed to run on top of Commotion.
> >
> > You can get the code here:
> > https://github.com/jrbaldwin/TidePools
> >
> > More information at:
> > http://tidepools.co
> >
> > TidePools is meant to run locally, which includes custom generated map
> tiles
> > (via OpenStreetMaps + TileMill). With some minor tinkering it can
> probably
> > run on top of any web based map. Let me know if you have any questions.
> >
> > Best,
> > Jonathan
>
> Can you please clarify something for me...
>
> 1) Do this need to interface to tidepools.co
> 2) can it be setup standalone, on a private mesh, without external
> connectivity, using a local map server?
>

> > --
> > http://www.jrbaldwin.com
> >
> > usa cell: +1.714.330.9047