[Commotion-dev] collectd number of users

Sean McIntyre boxysean at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 03:00:30 UTC 2012

Hey list,

I'm trying to figure out what collectd mod to use to keep track of the
number of users on a node. I think some of you have talked in other
channels saying that keeping track of DHCP leases is the way to go. It
also sounds like one of you (Seamus?) has done this before.

I installed the iptables mod from pre-built packages here
<http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/ar71xx/packages/> but
for some reason am not getting any data out of it. Here's the relevant
config lines in /etc/collectd.conf.

LoadPlugin iptables
<Plugin "iptables">
  Chain "filter" "FORWARD"
  Chain6 "filter" "OUTPUT"
</Plugin>

Let me know if you see anything / if you've made this work before. I'm
kinda wondering if a special collectd mod needs to be made for this
purpose...? (hope not!)

Sean