[Commotion-dev] MITRE SPAN project: olsrd on Android

Hans of Guardian hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Oct 12 18:36:57 UTC 2012

Anyone find any apks for this?  It looks like a pain to build.  I did a quick poke around the sources.  Looks like some useful stuff, with some overlap with the MeshTether code. Here's an overview of the pieces:

This only has some stuff related to building custom kernels for two Android devices:
https://github.com/monk-dot/SPAN.git

This looks like a modified version of olsrd based on olsrd at roughly commit 300e8ac364bbea7b9571ba938f893985416a16f9:
https://github.com/ProjectSPAN/android-manet-olsrd

This looks like an Android app written in Processing for visualizing the network:
https://github.com/ProjectSPAN/android-manet-visualizer

This seems to be the app wrapper for starting/stopping the mesh.
https://github.com/ProjectSPAN/android-manet-manager

Too bad they didn't post this code three months ago when they wrote it, it seems it just was posted on Oct 8th.  It would have been quite useful in the MeshTether app... they actually wrote a whole scraper for the txtinfo plugin, which sounds painful to me ;)

.hc